“Blame is not for failure, it is for failing to help or ask for help” – Jorgan Vig Knudstorp of the Lego Group
It changes everything:
Suddenly it becomes my interest to be transparent on my real weaknesses.
- I know I will not be blamed if I fail, but only if I fail to help or ask for help.
- You stop drawing boxes and dotted lines but rather looking at the interplay.
- You reduce complicatedness.
- The real battle is not against competitors, but rather against ourselves, or bureaucracy and our complicatedness.
- You create more value with lower cost.
- You simultaneously increase performance and satisfaction at work.
- You can now manage complexity without getting complicated.
Extract from TED Talk by Yves Morieux