I spend a great deal of time and energy to learn what makes people tick. Out of all my passions and interests, I still find my fellow human beings to be the most fascinating and interesting.
From my experiences, interactions, and observations, I identified seven principles that determine what we do, how we live our lives and whether we are successful and fulfilled.
- We will only do something if our own interest or highest value is met. If a person loses interest or does not see the benefit of doing something, they will lose heart and all will start crumbling and decaying.
- Collaboration occurs only when the interests of each party are met, and a mutual benefit, value, or a state of equal and equitable exchange exists. If this scale shifts more to one party, the collaboration will develop challenges and if it is not brought back into balance, it will eventually dissolve.
- You will only be successful in what you do if you are driven by a passion or burning desire to do it. If you do not wake up in the morning wanting to jump out of bed and getting started on what inspires you, then you are not doing what you are meant to be doing. The same applies if you don’t see how what you are doing relates to the highest values in your life. You will not make a success of it unless you can see the benefit to you.
- Every person is born with a gift or talent. They only need to find this gift within themselves to derive great wealth and fulfillment through the systematic and correct use of it.
- It is only through the development of a habit or a routine that you will get something done.
- You can only succeed if you finish what you have started.
- There are only two certainties in life: 1. You are born into a life of abundance. 2. You will die and only be able to take with you a sense of fulfillment or disappointment based on what you did with your life. All the rest will be left as your legacy to those you leave behind.
What are your core principles? Which values guide your life and decisions?